Tuesday, July 20, 2010

He brought me...

flowers!!
My sweet Collin went to visit his papa Don yesterday with Daddy and they picked me a vase full of flowers!  Collin called me on the way home and told me 
"I have a beautiful surprise for you mommy..."
Now isn't that just dripping with sweetness???
I mean seriously, 
eat your heart out ladies!  ;)


The flowers are beautiful, 
but it's the little boy holding them 
who blooms the most radiantly!


What's for Dinner?
I am going to start sharing a few of our family favorites here!  I figure that way my kids will have them written down and maybe someone else will get a new dinner idea as well!  
Tonight we are having...
drum roll please....
dah dah dah dah...

Best Ever Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef
1/2 c Ragu chunky mushroom sauce
1/2 c bread crumbs
1/2 c feta (I know sounds weird, just trust me)
1/2 cup diced onion
1 egg

Combine all ingredients and place in a loaf pan.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  After one hour take out and cover with mozzarella cheese.  Bake for another 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.  Serve and enjoy the oohs and aahs that come from your family! 
Yum!!  I have served this for so many guests and people always just LOVE it!  
 Try it and let me know what you think!!

I linked up here:


8 comments:

  1. Oh the sweetest boy ever such a big hearted little man..could squeeze him to pieces..
    Love the recipe idea . I am going to try the meatloaf sounds delish.. love you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet boy :)
    I love your idea of posting recipes on your blog !!! I could always use some new ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure he was so proud to give them to mommy, such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I was drooling...He's as beautiful as the flowers! Great shot mom♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the sweetest thing. What a cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to get a bouquet from that little sweety pie! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's what I unwrapped this week: http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2010/07/summer-lake-days.html

    ~ Traci Michele

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your son is adorable! I only have a daughter (grown now), but would have so enjoyed one of each.

    I just started a series called Simple Pleasures on Thursdays. Would love to you link up some Thursday.

    ReplyDelete