Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stickers

Every young child enjoys a good sticker right?  And they tend to have a special love for the big giant fantastical ones that are oober sticky and don't easily peel off.  Because we all know that most children, well my children, don't use stickers for their intended purpose.  I mean where is the fun in sticking your sticktastic sticker on a piece of paper.  The real fun is finding a freshly painted wall, or a mirror or some sort of wood furniture and even better yet,  on the car "mommy van" windows...because nothing says screams "MOMMY VAN" louder than one that has a passenger side window chuck full of sticktastical stickers.

And it is right here that I would like to take a moment to thank our Collin for all of the beautiful sticky goodness...

The boy has been told on more than one occasion that "stickers are not for windows".  He apparently thinks they are a nice accessory because we now have a handful of them covering his window.  They are the sticktastic kind that don't peel off.  They all came from our chiropractor (who we love by the way).  There are moments when I see them and remember that I need to somehow remove them but then I busy myself with more important things and quickly forget they are there.  Not even going to lie, there are a few moments when I have even been a little irritated by them...insert the "no more stickers from the chiro" rule here.


But funny enough, almost every time I am in a parking lot looking out into the sea of blue "mommy vans" that all look exactly like mine all I have to do is look for the stickers and I easily find my way back... I always think of my Collin bug, and I can't help but smile and be thankful for the stickers...

We all need a good sticker in our life.  The kind that always leads you back to where you need to be.  The sticktastical kind that won't  peel away.  What would your sticker read...


And it is impossible to please God without faith.
Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists
and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him."

Hebrews 11:6 

2 comments:

  1. Mine might be "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths." Prov. 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have forgotten about stickers on windows. Your story reminds me of when Kyran was little. My grandmother would let him put stickers on her car windows. Boy did that irritate me. I love your insight on the stickers helping find the way. Sometimes it is so easy to miss the small child moments because they interfere with our big adult life. Thanks for the memory. We do ban stickers in the car but my little one just likes to paint on the windows with hotdogs. (no more hotdogs in the car) LOL

    ReplyDelete