Saturday, December 31, 2011

Poof

Just like that another year is gone!



Collin got a new spider man clock for Christmas and was wondering why the minute hand "keeps moving".  I explained that it moves because time is moving and ticking away.  I didn't expect a response from him, figuring he would have no idea what I was talking about.
I should have known better than to expect that I would have the last word.

He didn't miss a beat, he quickly exclaimed with gusto~
"WELL it's wasting all my batteries!"

If only it were that simple, I thought to myself.  
If we could just buy more time with the simple change of a battery.
And yet time ticks away, often to quickly for my taste.

I have most recently felt a bit panicked at the pace at which my children are growing.  I know they are still young and yet they seem so big.  Saddens me to think about how quickly the years just seem pass.  I look at photographs captured when my babies were small enough to be curled comfortably in my arms and I can't help but get a little lump in my throat.  I hear their sweet tiny voices tucked away in home video and my heart is blanketed in the warmth of days past.  I daily realize how very blessed I am to have been chosen to mother these treasured blessings.  Sometimes the days seem long but the years sure are short.  If only I could figure a way to slow the hands of time~   

And yet I have to remind myself to be totally present today, enjoying and savoring each moment with my most treasured miracles.  It's inevitable that time will indeed pass, but there's really no sense wasting today worrying about how quickly tomorrow will come...

Can I get an Amen?

Happy new year~


No comments:

Post a Comment