Sunday, February 26, 2012

Friends

Last night we spent the evening with our fab cousins.  Always, always a sweet time.  I completely enjoyed being in the company of some of my all time favorite people and my children soaked up all of the love as well.  Our cousin adventures are all the more fun with the extra babies that now are in tow!  I couldn't help but dream about the days when they are all old enough to run through the house like wild fire together... mostly because I can't wait to watch my kids enjoy their cousins in the manner in which I have always enjoyed mine, but let's be honest, I am also looking forward to the day when I am not the only momma who is sweating bullets while trying to keep her littles from bringing down the house.

I have the best intentions of taking photos and then I get all wrapped up in good conversation and spend an equal amount of time bent over from side splitting laughter and I forget all about the camera.

I always leave family gatherings in a blanket of gratefulness for the relationships that God has so graciously granted me.  We are family by blood, but we are friends by choice!  I pray my children love their cousins with the same love that I have for my own...

My heart pounds with gratitude for my earthly family but I am also every bit as thankful for my heavenly family, my brothers and sisters in Christ.  God did not create us to be alone, but rather to have companionship.  The song is all the more beautiful with a melody and a harmony part.  Agreed?

Proverbs 27:9
"The hearfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense"


God has orchestrated beautiful friendships for me.  The best ones being those that center around Christ.  I like to think I have always been a loyal and gracious friend, but I know I have never in my life cherished christian friendship as I do in my adult life, and especially since becoming a momma.  So very thankful for my go to people.  God continuously uses you all in glorious fashion.  My prayer is that He will also use me to uplift and encourage you as well...

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.


God has always found a way of stitching just the right people into my life in the very season that I need them.  He has etched many names deep within the crevices of my heart where they will remain for eternity.  Eternity...

I desperately pray, and have faith, that He will do the same for my children~



1 comment: