Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Uncle Todd's

Daddy and Papa Don took Collin to visit Uncle Todd and Aunt Lisa yesterday.  Mommy and Madelyn stayed home so the boys could do boy things!  ;)  Daddy took two pictures of Collin and the camera battery died...ugh I am so sad.  Oh well, next time!  Daddy said Collin spent a lot of time inside with Aunt Lisa just hanging out with her.

He was VERY excited about the "pupcakes" (aka cupcakes) that they made.  
The boys also went fishing and had fun playing with the dogs, including this little cutie...

Next time we will make sure the camera battery is charged!  

I am ready for bed, today has been a LONG day!  Sweet Madsy girl woke up with a 103 degree fever and has been very sick all day.  I took her to the Dr. this morning and she said she has "hand, foot and mouth".  Yuck!  It is a very common viral infection that usually effects children.  Symptoms are fever, malaise, and blistery sores in the mouth and on the hands and feet.  Madelyn has the sores in her mouth but they have not yet appeared on her hands or feet.  Being that is is viral there is nothing to do other than wait it out...I hate that!  We are praying that the worst of it is over and that Collin does not get it.  I held her from 7:30 this morning until 7:30 this evening.  I put her down for two short naps and other than that she hung on me like a little monkey.  That is VERY unlike her.  I felt very helpless and shed a few tears just feeling so sorry for her.  Her fever finally came down a bit before bed but I can hear that she is restless in there...
God is good and He hears our prayers, I am SO grateful that I can run to Him, I called on Him many times today, I know He heard me!
Praying for a good night...


Update:
Uncle Todd sent us a few pictures from his camera...





Thanks Uncle Todd!

2 comments:

  1. Hope Madelyn feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gone fishing pix are awesome! How nice to be able to share in the interests of his Uncle and Papa too!

    ReplyDelete