Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Floaters...

Anyone who knows me well at all knows that I am a big ol self professed germaphobe.  I don't share food with others, even family.  If you drink out of my cup you might as well drink the whole thing because I am done with it.  No offense to you or anything, I just don't want your germs...and let's be honest, you don't want mine either right?!  The last time I drank after my brother (who drank out of my cup, thank you very much) was about 8 years ago.  I clearly remember him taking a sip of my gatorade and I thought "ah what the heck he isn't sick"... ya until the next day when he was puking his guts out.  Lovely, I know, but case in point, you just never know when someone is carrying around some nastiness that could become your nastiness if you aren't careful.

I don't drink after my own kids either.  I am NOT fearful of their germs but I don't want to pass any of my germs to them.  I am pretty sure most people probably think I am head case with issues (haha) but in my defense, I clearly remember my pediatrician recommending this as well, as adults may be carrying germs that their bodies are immune to but may make little people sick.
So we all use our own eating utensils and drink out of our own cups.  Weird to some I know, but it helps keep some germs at bay.  And when it comes to sick kids, well sick kids...enough said!

So today at dinner I am sitting next to Collin bug.  I grab what I think is my water bottle and chug bag some wet goodness.  I set it down and realize it isn't mine, it is Collin's.  No big deal I will just keep it as my own...
That is until I take a look at what is inside the water bottle.  Oh yes, water for sure.  Water with ten thousand floaters.  Well isn't that just another form of lovely right there for ya!  ;)
And it's also just one more reason to drink out of your own glass!!


1 comment: