Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sandy Sunday

Today I decided to fill our teeny little sandbox.  I took the kids to H0me Depot (by myself I might add) and chucked five 50 lb bags of sand into the cart.  Yes I was sweating and short of breath, apparently I need to work out more....

Anyhoo...
We made it to the car in one piece where I again had to chuck five 50 lb bags of sand into the back of my mini.  Don't think I didn't notice the dude leaning against his car which was parked RIGHT next to mine, ya I saw you watching me.  Did he offer to help you wonder?   Not until I picked up the bag with the hole it in.  Yep the one that I conveniently dumped into the back of the mini.  Well that is when helpful dude pipes up with his brillance... "ohhhh you got a bag with a hole in it"... oh thanks dude I couldn't have figured that one out by myself.  Whatevs...

 We made a quick stop at the Doll@r Store for a few sandbox goodies and then back home, where I again chuck and carry five 50 lb bags of sand.  I am either a rockin momma or a glutton for punishment...
I am going with the latter!  ;)

But this momma will do just about anything to make these beauties smile...




 Just as much sand on the deck as in the box??
 And an equal amount on face, in hair, and in every crevice of body





Don't let Madelyn's pink bow of innocence fool you...



 She is spicy!!

And can bring this one to tears... :(

All good things must come to end...
for today anyway!!

Rub a dub, dub GET IN THE TUB!!  :)


3 comments:

  1. Your kiddos are adorable! Looks like a fun time in the sand and you are a great Momma hauling the sand. I think I would have found a guy to help me in the store... so go you! I am visiting from Jenna's blog commenting challenge!

    brittanyanddenver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your daughters hair is just too much! I have two boys and can only dream that the third is a little girl...ha. You have inspired me to buy a sandbox, it looks like they had a lot of fun. Is it hot where you live...I am worried about the sand getting too hot, even witht he cover on...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like all that sand hauling was worth it by the expressions on your kids' faces!

    ReplyDelete