Thursday, September 8, 2011

Twas the night before preschool

Seems like only yesterday...
but apparently it was not!


Tomorrow is a BIG day!!
Our sweet first born is off to preschool.
My momma heart is thumping as I try to reassure a nervous heart...

don't cry, be excited!
there is truly nothing to be afraid of
it will be SO much fun
sweet friendships will come to life
impressive projects made
think of all the stories there will be to tell
this is all part of growing up
don't cry, be excited!
He's going to be just fine!


Yep, all that reassuring is for my heart, not his.  :)


Dear Collin,
Tomorrow I will send you off on a new adventure.  One that I know you will truly enjoy.  There is this part of my momma heart that wants to keep you tucked away safely in our home forever.  But there is a bigger part of me that knows that it's time to let you spread your wings a little.  My tears are for me, as I wonder how this all happened so fast.  But for you sweet boy, I feel pure joy and excitement!!  I always loved school and all that came along with it...friends, projects, parties, field trips, all of it.  I want you to have each of those experiences!  I know you will be a shining star.  

Daddy and I are so very proud that we get to call you our son.  I have prayed for you and dreamed big dreams for you since before I ever even laid eyes on you.  The moment I met you, I gave you my heart, it's yours to keep forever.  Of all the little boys in this world God blessed us with the exact one we wanted.  We love you Collin, you are a treasure...

Love you to the moon and back,
Momma

P.S.  Please behave, I mean seriously behave...

No comments:

Post a Comment