Sunday, October 10, 2010

Some things may never change...

We were watching home videos with Collin the other night.  We pulled out the one from October 2008.  He was 18 months old, exactly the same age as Madelyn is right now.  We all got such a big kick out of watching the little man do his thing.  Collin was just beaming and giggling at himself.  

This is Collin at 18 months...

If I closed my eyes and listened to his little voice coming from the TV I would have bet it was Madelyn.  She sounds so much like he did!  I love walking down memory lane.  Makes my heart feel so warm and fuzzy.  
After watching for awhile and talking about all the things that have changed, Collin started to notice all the things in the video that have stayed the same.  

Look mommy, we still have that kitchen...
(playskool kid's kitchen)
And we still have those chairs, and that couch....
And look mommy, we still have that basket,
unfortunately he is referring to this...
Lot's has changed over the past 2 years but apparently I am just as bad at putting away laundry as I was 2 years ago. 
 It may be the same basket, but I can assure you that it is not the same laundry!  :)

1 comment: