Sunday, October 16, 2011

Let the little children come

Today was a special day!!  Collin's preschool class was asked to sing in the morning worship service at the church where the preschool is housed.  I couldn't wait to see our boy up on stage!!  I tried to snap a few shots before leaving, Mads wasn't having it, but look at the presh smile on Collin's face...

Pretty sure he is thinking something along the lines of
"Mads just smile would ya, so we can't get this over with already!"



 A good luck kiss!

We took up almost a whole church pew with mommy, daddy, Madelyn, gran Fran, Nana, Grammy and Papa!!  Collin would glance over at us from time to time and grin from ear to ear and then get a little shy.  He was so sweet up on stage singing his songs!!  He was all about his business and very serious about following the directions of his teachers.  We all got such a kick out of watching him do all the motions that went along with the music.  Unfortunately the pictures aren't the best quality but daddy was appalled that I was breaking the "no cameras" rule and instantly insisted I shut off the flash and kept giving me the "you're embarrassing eye" until I put the camera away.  Such a rule follower.  I, on the other hand, believe that God was totally ok with me bending the rules a little bit today in order to capture our big guys first time on stage singing praise to Jesus!  :)



Madelyn sat quietly the entire service which is nothing short of a miracle, and something I had specifically prayed for on the way to church.  :)
  When we went to pick Collin up from class she swung her little arms around him and gleefully said "good job Collin, good job!"  Presh people, presh!  She also proudly let him in on the good news "and I sat quiet".  

Absolutely nothing in this world that I did to deserve the privilege of mothering these two beauties, but am so very thankful that God chose me!  

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

  1. Aw, so sweet. What great memories! That's adorable - your little girl telling him "Good job" :)

    ReplyDelete