Sunday, May 13, 2012

Never too old...

...to need your mom!!
I say this often.
One never outgrows needing their mom!
I swear sometimes I need my mom even more now than I did when I was young!

There is just something about a mom. 
Something that no one else in this world can replicate.
She just always seems to "know", and she gets it.

Mom still comforts me every bit as much as she did when I was young.
When I'm sick, I still call my mom, and I usually cry.  
When my own kids are sick, I call my mom, and I usually cry.  
But I'm always comforted by the fact that she knows.

She really has become my very best girlfriend.
Always there no matter what.
Ready to help in any way she can.
Loving me like a mom does.
I'm sure there were times, years ago, when I was sassing her pants off that she wondered if we would ever be friends.  :)
I'm sure she will remind me of those days gone by when my Madelyn is sassing my pants off.  :)

People often tell me that I remind them of her.
Such a compliment.

I'm proud that she is mine and I am hers.

Mom loves me in spite of myself.
She knows my "ugly" and yet still thinks I'm lovely.
We can laugh together, cry together, and just enjoy life together.

Mom you are treasured.
Cherished.
Deeply loved.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!



I'm blessed with the gift of my own mother but also that of my mother in law.  She is the greatest mother in love that a girl could ever dream of having.  One of the most loving, generous, self sacrificing gals that you could ever have the pleasure of knowing.

She has always been on my side.
Truly.

She is always willing to help in any way possible and would give us the world on a silver platter if she could.
I told you she's generous.  :)

I hear others talk of their mother in laws as if they are disposable.
A "taken em or leave em" type relationship.
Not mine.
I truly adore her.
There is this very special place carved out in my heart and in my life especially for her.

Jeanette I do hope you know how very loved you are not just by your son and your grandchildren but also by me.

You are treasured.
Cherished.
Deeply loved.

Happy Mother's Day Jeanette!!


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet sentiments Meg. Love you girl!!! And the only satisfaction I will ever get in Madelyn 'sassing your pants off' is in the knowing that this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! I don't think I will ever outgrow needing mine either. So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweet Megan, I am truly the blessed one to have such a wonderful daughter in love as you ! I could not have chosen a better wife for my son and mother of my grandchildren if I had hand picked you myself..
    I love you with all my heart and you will alway's be more like my own daughter rather than an in law...
    Thank you for all you do and for all you are...xoxo

    ReplyDelete